SECKINGTON All Saints 4, 5-3-24 in Bb (GF)
|Affiliation||St Martin's Guild|
History Of The Bells
Tilley & Walters list the bells in the wrong order - probably because they rearranged them in ascending order of weight. The third is heavier than the tenor.
The frame was built for the two existing bells, now the treble and tenor in 1883, at the time that the tower was rebuilt from the ground as a faithful copy of the previous one. The frame was extended in 1886 when the middle two bells were added at a cost of £130. The fittings, which still are those installed in 1886. were overhauled by Gordon Lane of Kingsbury in 1970.
A nice ring of four, just in need of two trebles! The treble and tenor have had their canons removed, the middle bells retain their canons.
Details of the Bells
1 Robert Mellours, Nottingham. c1520 3-1-24 26.25" 1232.5Hz (Eb-17c)
2 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough 1886 4-2-24 28.25" 1159.5Hz (D-22c)
3 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough 1886 6-2-27 32.25" 1034.5Hz (C-20c)
4 Hugh Watts II, Leicester 1640 5-3-24 32.00" 921.0Hz (Bb-21c)
Note that the third is heavier than the tenor.
|The Church - Looking East||The Church - Looking West|