SALTER STREET* St Patrick 5, 8-0-21 in A
|Affiliation||St Martin's Guild|
History Of The Bells
The church was built in 1840 as a Chapel of Easein the parish of Tanworth, to the designs of James Benjamin Harris of Henley in Arden. It become a separate parish in 1843.
A western saddleback tower, designed by G. T. Robinson of Leamington Spa, the Archidiaconal Architect, was added to it in 1861-2 at a cost of £1,200. this was given by Thomas Burman in memory of his parents. The tower was not touched when the body of the church was rebuilt in 1899.
The bells, which cost £270, still hang in original frame, by W Ballard of Leamington, but were rehung in 1937 when Gillett & Johnston provided new gudgeons and ball bearings. The bells were tuned and quarter turned, but the canons were not removed. The cost of this work was £138. The treble's headstock was replaced in July of 2009.
Details of the Bells
1 John Warner & Sons, London 1861 4-3-20 28.00"
2 John Warner & Sons, London 1861 4-3-07 29.00"
3 John Warner & Sons, London 1861 5-1-07 29.75"
4 John Warner & Sons, London 1861 6-0-20 31.75"
5 John Warner & Sons, London 1861 8-0-21 35.875"
|The Treble With its New Headstock||The Ellacombe||The Saddbleback Tower|
|The Church - Looking East||The Church - Looking West|