PRINCETHORPE, Priory 3: 2½cwt in D - Unringable
History Of The Bells
These are 3 bells in the original chapel that are hopelessly unringable. Indeed it is probable that they were only ever swing chimed and could equally therefore have been put into the chimes section. They have only been used in conjunction with the clock since 1861.
This chapel was superseded by an impressive Gothic chapel which was designed by Pater Paul Pugin. It has a chime of 8; details in the chimes section of this website.
Details of the Bells
1 Thomas Mears, London 1835 ¾cwt
2 Thomas Mears, London 1835 1¼cwt
3 Thomas Mears, London 1835 2½cwt
The chapel has been divided into two storeys. The upper storey contains the School Library.