LOWER SHUCKBURGH, St John the Baptist 3, 5¾cwt in B
History Of The Bells
The frame is by George Watson, 1829. It was placed diagonally in the sexagonal tower. The tenors swung side-by-side, with the treble swinging in the opposite direction. The church was rebuilt in 1863/4 and it is thought that the frame from the previous church may have been reconstructed by John Bromwich of Rugby, the contractor who rebuilt the church. Fittings were by Taylors, probably from 1864. The bells retained their canons and had been quarter turned.
Two bells were sold and the other hung for chiming in 1999.