Font Size

SCREEN

Profile

Layout

Menu Style

Cpanel

LEAMINGTON SPA, Davis Memorial Clock Tower, Jephson Gardens 5, 8-0-27 in A

Grid Reference 151/322658

History

The clock tower was given to the town in 1925 by the widow of William Davis, J.P. who had thrice been mayor of the town. The chimes fairly quickly fell out of use due to complaints from nearby residents.

The clock was overhauled by Smiths of Derby in 1986, at which time the bells were brought back into action but with a night silencing mechanism.

The bells are hung in two tiers, 2, 3 & 4 on top, at the level of the sound openings. The notes, in descending order, are G#, F#, E, B and A

Details of the Bells

1 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1925  1-2-15
2 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1925  2-0-14
3 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1925  2-2-16
4 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1925  5-2-13
5 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1925  8-0-27  35.50"

Photo Gallery

Jephson Gardens - Source: Bobjay
You are here: Home Others Chimes Clock Chimes Leamington Spa Jephson Gardens