CHARLECOTE PARK, Gatehouse Clock 5, 4¾cwt in D
Grid Reference 151/262563
History Of The Bells
This is a clock chime in the Elizabethan Gatehouse at Charlecote Park. These bells and the 8 day clock were supplied by Mears to the clockmaker Tupman of Great Russell Street, Bloomsbury, London in 1824 at a cost of £385 2s 7d.
They sound the notes D, A, D, E F# from the tenor to treble.
The clock is just visible in the photograph on the right hand turret.
Details of the Bells
1 Thomas Mears, London 1824 14.00" D
2 Thomas Mears, London 1824 16.00" A
3 Thomas Mears, London 1824 17.75" D
4 Thomas Mears, London 1824 22.25" E
5 Thomas Mears, London 1824 4¾cwt 28.00" F#