Font Size

SCREEN

Profile

Layout

Menu Style

Cpanel

SPARKHILL*, English Martyrs (RC), Evelyn Road 8, 7-3-26 in A

Grid Reference 139/095837 Sparkhill Church - Source: Church Website
Postcode B11 3JN
Other Information Church Website 

History

Replacing a mission church of 1908, this church was completed and opening in 1923 and consecrated in 1946. It is Italin Romanesque in style and has a south-western tower. A bell was supplied by Barwell in 1913, 29", 4-0-23 in B and this was scrapped when the chime was placed in the tower.

The bells are hung on two tiers in a steel framework at the level of the belfry windows. Bells 1-3 hang from a steel girder in the upper level, with the remainder below – bells 4-6 on one girder and bells 7-8 on another.

They are hung stationary and sounded from a baton clavier by carillon-type clappers. The mechanical action was refurbished by Taylors in 1990.

Details of the Bells

1 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1946  1-2-13  19.625"  1744.0Hz (A-16c)
2 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1946  1-3-12  20.625"  1644.0Hz (G#-18c)
3 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1946  2-1-16  22.50"   1465.0Hz (F#-18c)
4 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1946  2-3-22  24.50"   1305.5Hz (E-17c)
5 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1946  3-3-18  26.875"  1163.0Hz (D-17c)
6 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1946  4-2-06  28.50"   1098.0Hz (C#-17c)
7 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1946  6-0-00  31.50"    977.0Hz (B-19c)
8 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1946  7-3-26  34.875"   872.0Hz (A-16c)

Photo Gallery

The Church - Looking East. Source: Stagepoint
 The Church - Looking East
You are here: Home Others Chimes Bell Chimes 4+ Bell Chimes Sparkhill RC