Font Size

SCREEN

Profile

Layout

Menu Style

Cpanel

LEAMINGTON SPA, St Mary 8, 6-3-3 in Bb

Grid Reference 151/328652 Leamington Spa St Mary Church - Source: Church Website
Postcode CV31 1JW
Other Information Church Website 

History

Unsurprisingly this church is in St Mary Street! The church was built in 1839 and provided with a single bell by Thomas Mears (12-1-23, 41.00") which was hung for ringing.

A chime of eight bells was erected as a War Memorial in 1948. They are fixed to two steel beams in two rows of four, (odds on one beam and evens on the other) and chimed by their clappers from a chiming manual in the ringing room. They were all cast with flat tops.

The names of the fallen are given in the inscription on the tenor bell in alphabetical order in two columns side by side.

Details of the Bells

1 Mears & Stainbank, Whitechapel  1948  2-2-26
2 Mears & Stainbank, Whitechapel  1948  3-0-27
3 Mears & Stainbank, Whitechapel  1948  3-0-25
4 Mears & Stainbank, Whitechapel  1948  3-1-19
5 Mears & Stainbank, Whitechapel  1948  4-0-09
6 Mears & Stainbank, Whitechapel  1948  4-1-10
7 Mears & Stainbank, Whitechapel  1948  5-0-13
8 Mears & Stainbank, Whitechapel  1948  6-3-03  33.00"

Photo Gallery

The Church - Looking East. Source A MacRae-Thomson
The Church - Looking East
You are here: Home Others Chimes Bell Chimes 4+ Bell Chimes Leamington Spa St Mary