Font Size

SCREEN

Profile

Layout

Menu Style

Cpanel

HARBORNE, St Faith and St Laurence 8, 6-1-21 in C

Grid Reference 139/018848 Harborne St Faith Church - Source: wikimeida.org.co.uk
Postcode B17 8RD
Other Information Church Website 

History

This parish was carved out of Harborne and Quinton in 1933. Originally this area was in Staffordshire, but was absorbed into Birmingham and therefore Warwickshire in 1891. This church was built in 1936/7, to replace a mission room of 1906 dedicated to St Faith and also the mission church of St Laurence situated half a mile away in the neighbouring parish of Quinton, hence the dedication of this church. The church was extended in 1960. Originally there was one small; bell, by Mears and Stainbank, cast in 1937.

In 1975 a chime of eight bells (rescued from the redundant church of All Saints, Hockley (q.v.), on the eve of its demolition) was installed. The previous bell remains, but is not in use.

(Most of the above information is quoted directly (with permission) from the research notes of Chris Pickford)

Details of the Bells

1 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1929  0-3-27  16.00"   2068.0Hz
2 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1929  1-0-15  16.875"  1958.0Hz
3 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1929  1-2-10  19.00"   1743.0Hz
4 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1929  2-0-08  21.00"   1552.0Hz
5 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1929  2-2-21  23.00"   1383.0Hz
6 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1929  3-0-10  24.375"  1306.0Hz
7 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1929  4-3-03  27.625"  1164.0Hz
8 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough  1929  6-1-21  30.625"  1037.0Hz

Photo Gallery

the Church - Looking East. Source A MacRae-Thomson the Church - Looking West. Source A MacRae-Thomson
The Church - Looking East The Church - Looking West

You are here: Home Others Chimes Bell Chimes 4+ Bell Chimes Harborne SS Faith & Laurence