MORETON MORRELL, Holy Cross 3, 7cwt in Bb
|Other Information||Church Webpage|
History Of The Bells
The church was founded in the 12th century. The next century saw the building of the Chancel and lower part of tower,. The church was re-roofed in c1808; and in 1895 a north vestry and porch were added.
These bells were hung dead as a chime by Whitechapel in 1967 when the upper stages of the tower were rebuilt. They are hung on deadstocks resting on two RSJs that span the tower. All retain their canons and have been quarter turned. The tenor is cracked.
They are sounded via ropes attached to the clappers.
Details of the Bells
1 Newcombe, Leicester 1616 4cwt
2 Newcombe, Leicester 1616 4½cwt
3 Newcombe, Leicester 1609 7cwt 33.00"