LUDDINGTON, All Saints 3, 2¼cwt in C
|Other Information||Church Webpage|
History Of The Bells
The church was dedicated on 8th May 1872.
These are hung for swing chiming in an open-sided octagonal stone bell turret with a spirelet. They hang in a framework around the centre pots of the spirelet. This was probably installed by the contractors when they built the church. The building replaced a mediaeval chapel of ease which fell into disuse in the latter part of the 18th century. This had one bell, possibly cast by Henry Farmer in 1609.
Due to space restrictions they can only be swing chimed through a low arc.
Details of the Bells
1 William Blews and Son 1871 1¼cwt
2 William Blews and Son 1871 1¾cwt
3 William Blews and Son 1871 2¼cwt
|A close view of the bells|