LEAMINGTON SPA, St Paul, Leicester Street 3, 5cwt in D
|Other Information||Church Website|
History Of The Bells
The church was built between 1873 and 1878, originally having a small bells in a turret on the north-east corner of the north transept.
When the tower was completed in 1875, a year after the church opened, a clock and bell was installed. This bell was second hand and is an early example of Warner's work after restarting bell founding in 1850. Two Taylor trebles were added in 1899. The tenor bell was originally hung for ringing. The clock strikes on bells 1 & 3 and all can be chimed from an Ellacombe chiming apparatus
Details of the Bells
1 John Taylor & Co,Loughborough 1899 3-0-14
2 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough 1899 4-1-17
3 John Warner and Sons, London 1851 5cwt 29.25"