CALDECOTE, SS Theobald & St Chad 3, 1½cwt in E (Steel Bells)
|Other Information||Steel Bells|
History Of The Bells
This Grade II* church was built in the late 13th Century. It was restored, altered and porch, vestry, organ chamber and turret added by Ewan Christian in 1857.
These are a chime hung in a gable end turret. This replaced a plain brick turret that contained a single bell in 1858. The notes are approximately E, F# and G. They are hung for swing chiming in a three level wooden frame that is placed diagonally within the turret.
Access is extremely difficult. The middle bell is/was on the floor of the church, (seen there by CJP, lowered in 1984). They are hung for swing chiming in a three tier wood frame placed diagonally within the turret.
Details of the Bells
1 Naylor Vickers, Sheffield 1858 17.00"
2 Naylor Vickers, Sheffield 1858 18.50"
3 Naylor Vickers, Sheffield 1858 21.00" 1½cwt