BADDESLEY CLINTON, St Michael & All Angels 3, 5cwt in Db
History Of The Bells
Hung in the seventeenth century ringing oak frame. Rehung "dead" for chiming by Mears & Stainbank in 1938 and chimed from a manual. The treble is likely to have been put into the tower when it was built in the early years of the 16th century.
The bells retain their canons and have been quarter turned. The two larger bells are maiden castings.
The church is geographically in Warwickshire, but is in fact in the Birmingham Diocese
Details of the Bells
1 William Hasylwood, Reading, c.1500 3½cwt 25.875" 1407.0Hz (F+12c)
2 Henry Bagley, 1678 4cwt 27.75" 1238.5Hz (Eb-8c)
3 Thomas Newcombe, c.1580 5cwt 30.00" 1123.5Hz (Db+22c)
|A Plan of the Church|