Font Size

SCREEN

Profile

Layout

Menu Style

Cpanel

NEWTON REGIS NEWTON REGIS St Mary 3, 9-0-5 in G

Grid Reference 140/279075 Newton Regis Church - Source www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk
Postcode B79 0NA
Recording
Affiliation St Martin's Guild
Peals None
Sunday None
Practice None

History Of The Bells

The oak frame and fittings by are by Taylors, 1931 and the bells are ringable. The treble is a recast of a Whitechapel bell of 1769. In this year ownership of the foundry passed from Lester and Pack to Pack and Chapman. The bell had been long broken and a piece of it that could have shown the founder was missing. The old bells retain their canons, the treble being cast flat topped.

Details of the Bells

1 John Taylor & Co., Loughborough  1931  5-2-17  31.13"  994.0Hz (B+11c)
2 Newcombe, Leicester              1602  6-2-19  34.25"  886.5Hz (A+13c)
3 Hugh Watts II, Leicester         1642  9-0-05  37.50"  790.5Hz (G+14c)

Photo Gallery

The Church - Looking East. Source Graham Lockley 
The Church Looking East

 

 

You are here: Home Rings M-O Newton Regis