IPSLEY St. Peter 6, 9-2-13 in Ab
|Affiliation||Worcestershire & Districts|
History Of The Bells
Historically this tower was in Warwickshire, though now it is in Worcestershire, and this is the reason for its inclusion in this website. The parish used to be split between Warwickshire and Worcestershire, but boundry changes over the years have moved it around! It was entirely in Warwickshire between 1894 and 1931, but has been in Worcestershire since then.
These were previously a ring of three which had been ringable until after War II. When Chris Pickford first saw them in 1969 the frame and fittings had been removed and the three old bells were lying on their sides in the bell chamber "awaiting restoration". They were hung in Taylor lowside frame and fittings in 1971 and augmented to become a ring of 6. The cracked tenor was recast. The four new bells have impressions of 50 pence pieces cast into them. The two old bells, which have been quarter turned, retain their canons, whilst the new bells were cast with "flat tops".
Details of the Bells
1 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough 1971 3-2-11 25.50" 1402.0Hz (F+6c)
2 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough 1971 4-0-12 27.125" 1249.0Hz (Eb+6c)
3 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough 1971 4-3-20 28.75" 1112.0Hz (Db+5c)
4 A Worcester foundry, c1420 5-3-17 31.25" 1050.0Hz (C+6c)
5 John Martin, Worcester 1664 7-2-06 34.875" 936.0Hz (Bb+7c)
6 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough 1971 9-2-13 37.00" 833.0Hz (Ab+5c)