GRENDON All Saints 6, 11-2-14 in F#
|Affiliation||St Martin's Guild|
History Of The Bells
The the ring of 5 bells at this tower were augmented to six by the addition of a tenor in 1906, the third, a Newcombe bell like the fourth, being recast a semitone lower at the same time. The canons were removed from the old four bells and they have been turned and re-tuned. The fittings by Taylor 1906, but tenor was rehung on ball bearings in about 1970. The second has a modern metal plate inside the crown, indicating that a fault was found with this bell during the 1906 restoration. The 17th century frame is "listed" as being historically important.
W.W. Worthington, the Burton brewer, rang in the first peal on the bells in 1910 and gave the "Caspar" peal board.
The tenor has long been quoted as being in G, but is actually F#-28c
Details of the Bells
1 Henry Bagley, Ecton 1692 4-3-07 28.50" 1221.0Hz (D#-33c)
2 William Clibury, Wellington 1615 4-3-10 30.125" 1091.0Hz (C#-28c)
3 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough 1906 6-0-04 32.00" 971.0Hz (B-30c)
4 Thomas Newcombe II, Leicester c1570 6-3-08 34.00" 916.0Hz (A#-31c)
5 Hugh Watts II, Leicester 1623 8-1-23 36.875" 820.0Hz (G#-22c)
6 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough 1906 11-2-14 41.18" 728.0Hz (F#-28c)
|The Church - Looking East||The Church - Looking West|