BISHOP'S TACHBROOK St Chad 3, 6-3-10 in Bb
|Practice||Tuesday 1930-2100 (Check)|
History Of The Bells
Parts of the church go back to the 12th Century. The old font is probably earlier, possibly Saxon. The aisle and tower were added in the late 14th and early 15th Century. The Victorians rebuilt parts of the chancel.
These bells are ringable and have a local band. They are in an old wooden frame,truss 6.A and layout 3.3. Rehung (in the tower) with new fittings by Taylors in 1893 and put on ball bearings by the same firm in 1936. The weight of the tenor given is prior to canon removal and is therefore only an estimate. There is a recent, 1997, upstairs ringing room that is rather plush compared to most rings of 3! There is also a separate clock bell by Thomas Mears, 1843, 24.24", 3-0-11. 1653.0Hz (Ab-9c).
There is some hope that the bells may be augmented in the future, an inspection was carried out by the Guild in 2001 and quotations obtained to augment to 6. The local ringers are keen to have more bells in their tower, but recent spending on a church building project means that this is not imminent.
The church is just off the main road through the village, on Church Hill.
Details of the Bells
1 John Martin, Worcester 1653 4¾cwt 29.75" 1173.5Hz (D-2c)
2 Richard Sanders, Stratford 1719 5¾cwt 30.50" 1040.5Hz (C-10c)
3 William Brooke, Bromsgrove 1740 6-3-10 34.375" 896.5Hz (Bb-68c)
|The Church - Looking East||The Church - Looking West||Plan of the Church|